Barley Grass Organic
Quantity: 200 g
less by 0 Kč
Availability: On stock More than 5 pieces in stock (Try alternative products)
We apologize for the unavailability. Estimated availability is 1.1.1970. We can send you email when we get goods in stock.
Barley grass (Hordeum) has many nutritional and healthy benefits. Nutritionally young barley leaves contain all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and detoxifying compounds, proteins and enzymes. In addition to chlorophyll and a bunch of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, it is also believed that barley grass has 30 times more vitamin B1 than milk, 6.5 times more carotenes than spinach, 11 times more calcium than cow's milk, nearly 5 times more iron than spinach, nearly 7 times the vitamin C in oranges etc etc.
Barley grass contains an important element P4D1, which has been shown to be able to repair the DNA in the body's cells. P4D1 can help the preventing aging, and cell death. Scientific researchers shows barley grass juice could be better than steroid drugs but has fewer side effects. In practice doctors agree that barley grass juice is a helpful diet supplement in a variety of illnesses, including arthritis, migraine headaches, asthma, fatigue and gastro-intestinal disorders, and can help in clarifying the skin. Barley grass is also credited to be beneficial in other illnesses such as blood clots, and diabetes. According to a scientific paper published in Diabetes and Metabolism, regular consumption of barley grass is beneficial in reducing the levels of cholesterol and oxygen free radicals in the blood of type 2 diabetics.
Many people have reported weight loss effect after drinking barley grass juice regularly. Barley grass also contains another enzyme: superoxide dismutase (SOD), a powerful antioxidant, which protects the cells against toxic free radicals which are thought to be a primary culprit in aging and many other diseases.
There are two common forms of consuming barley grass, as juice or as tablets. Like wheatgrass powder, barley grass powder is an easy way to make barley grass juice.
Manufacturing Process (Vacuum Drying)
- The organically grown plants are harvested at a height 14-22 inches.
- The plants are washed in water and ozone to remove any surface particles.
- The plants are crushed using a screw press mechanism.
- The indigestible fibers are screened out of the juice
- Extracted juice is chilled to 60° F (15° C) and transported by vacuum to dehydration chambers.
- Drying is done within minutes in an 88° F (31° C) vacuum chamber.
- The powder is then packed into 55-gallon drums and transported to the bottling facility.
- No solvents are used for extraction.
Why to use Barley grass?
1. Esential amino acids
- helps muscle recovery
- supports muscle fatigue recovery
- contributes to normal function of muscles
- essential for a bone structure
- needed to build and maintain strong and heatlhy bones
- necessary for adequate bone density
- helps to keep blood pressure healthy
- needed for normal blood clotting
- helps manage the weight
- needed for blood formation
- essential for making hemoglobin and red-blood cells
- necessary for the transport of oxygene in the body
- necessary for the function of imunne system
- development of brain and nerves in embryos
- antioxidant that protects the body´s cells
- helps to maintain intact cell DNA
- support of healthy ageing by maintaining intact
- helps to retard skin ageing
- contributes to maintain a healthy skin
- can help to protect your skin from excessive UV-radiation and sunburns
- oral supplementation of beta-carotene helps to reduce skin damages from sun and UV-light
- promotes healthy skin pigmentation and
- an effective cleaning and detoxifying substance which helps to eliminate unpleasant smells and supports health skin and good overall condition of the body
- antimicrobial properties
- can have beneficial effects in infection of nose sinus and gums, aphthas and throat aches
6. Vitamins of B group
- influence proper functioning of nerve system
- releasing the energy from food
- contributes to better quality of skin, nails and hair
7. Vitamin C
- protects the body´s cells and support the body´s immune system
- necessary for keeping blood vessels healthy
- contributes to iron absorption from food
- necessary to build and maintain healthy bone, teeth, cartilage, gums and skin
- helps the nervous system work
- needed for normal mental function;
- essential for the energy metabolism
- necessary for wound healing
|Nutritional Facts||Serving size: 2 teaspoons (3 g)|
|Energy||41 kJ/ 7 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||0,05 g|
|Calcium||17,5 mg (2,2 %)*|
|Iron||0,4 mg (2,8 %)*|
|Magnesium||11,9 mg (1,6 %)*|
|Vitamin C||13,7 mg (17,1 %)*|
|Vitamin B6 / Thiamin||0,5 mg (38,1 %)*|
|Folic acid||28,4 µg (14,2 %)*|
|Beta-carotene||0,04 mg (0,5 %)*|
* Reference intake
** Occurs only in natural sodium form
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark and dry place. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. There is no substitute for a varied diet. Not for children under 3 years of age, pregnant and nursing women.
|Weight including packaging||300 g|
|Country of Origin:||Utah (USA)|
Related articles and recipes
In our teens, everyone was telling us that it would calm soon that we shouldn´t touch our face or it would get worse. Yes, we are talking about acne. However, acne is more than just a sign of puberty; it is also a warning signal of our body that something is not quite right. We interviewed a blogger and a health counsellor Petra Kratochvílová, the author of the blog Uzdrav svou pleť (Heal Your Skin) and we asked her how to deal with this illness.
It is time to welcome the second half of summer holidays. Some of us have already enjoyed their holidays, whereas some of us are looking forward to it. It doesn’t matter if you prefer relaxing at the seaside or hiking in the mountains, we all have one thing in common. And this is the sun. In previous parts, you might have read about how to travel with superfoods and how to cure summer nuisances. Today, we’re offering several cosmetic tips that keep your skin all smooth and hydrated.
In springtime, when winter is leaving and a the Wood element is reigning over the Nature, whole body reboot is usually taking place. All the energy of Nature is rising up which makes this time ideal for body detox. We have talked about it with Mgr. Eva Osvaldová who has shared her many years' experience in field of traditional Chinese medicine with us.
A selection of questions from the Counselling Centre
Here you can ask questions and our experts will try to answer it for you.