Iron Bisglycinate + Folic Acid, capsules
Quantity: 60 capsules
Availability: In stock More than 5 pieces in stock (Try alternative products)
less by 0 Kč
We apologize for the unavailability. Estimated availability is 1.1.1970. We can send you email when we get goods in stock.
Away with fatigue, drowsiness and long-term lack of energy, often caused by a lack of iron in the blood. Iron deficiency afflicts many women and is a common problem for people on a plant-based diet, as iron from plant sources is difficult for our bodies to absorb.
The chelated form of iron with folic acid has excellent bioavailability. In addition, it is gentle on our bodies and usually does not cause the typical constipation.
You can be sure that this dietary supplement does not contain any unnecessary additives or chemical additives.
Why they are essential for us
This element is absolutely indispensable for our organism. It is involved in a large number of biochemical processes. These include, in particular, the transport of oxygen via the red blood pigment haemoglobin. It is also part of complex enzymatic reactions related to energy metabolism.
Iron deficiency in the blood leads to anaemia - sideropenic anaemia, the symptoms of which include weakness, fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, lack of appetite, indigestion, sleep disturbances and headaches. A person who lacks iron is typically pale. He or she may also experience hair loss, dry skin and brittle nails. Problems with a drop in blood pressure are also common.
In women, heavy menstrual periods tend to be the main cause of iron deficiency. If this also affects you, keep an eye on your blood counts with your doctor.
Vitamin B9, or folic acid, plays a vital role in many vital processes in the body, including the metabolism of amino acids and the nucleic acids DNA and RNA. It is therefore very important in the early stages of pregnancy when, for example, the nervous system is being formed. A deficiency of this vitamin in pregnancy can be responsible for many complications in fetal development.
Folic acid is also involved in blood formation. Therefore, a specific type of anaemia - megaloblastic anaemia - can occur with its deficiency. This is manifested by pale skin, fatigue and general weakness.
Folic acid deficiency is also manifested by inappetence and poor growth. And it is even a factor in hair loss or skin problems.
Iron and folic acid work in synergy with each other.
Together, they contribute to normal blood formation, red blood cell and hemoglobin production, normal oxygen transfer in the body, normal immune system function, and help reduce the rate of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Contributes to the normal production of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Contributes to the normal transfer of oxygen in the body.
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Contributes to a reduction in the rate of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Iron is involved in the process of cell division.
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Contributes to normal blood formation.
- Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Contributes to normal mental activity.
- Contributes to normal function of the immune system.
- Contributes to a reduction in the rate of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Contributes to the growth of germ tissues during pregnancy.
A few words about the special form of this dietary supplement
Iron (ferrous bisglycinate) in the organic chelate form has a higher bioavailability than other (inorganic) forms of iron in dietary supplements. The chelated form of iron is usually very well tolerated by the human body. As is well known, iron supplementation often leads to constipation. This is rarely caused by chelated iron.
Folic acid can also be found under the name vitam9n B9 or folate. Folic acid itself has no biological effects of its own. Only its metabolites, produced by enzymatic transformation in the liver, which are collectively called folate, are biologically active.
It is in this supplement that we find folic acid in the form of active folate - specifically Quatrefolic®. This is the newest form of active folic acid, which, unlike other older forms, is characterized by its high stability and water solubility. It is able to pass through the gastric barrier into the small intestine, and thus enters the body in higher doses. Our body can use it directly, even in women with a defect in folic acid metabolism (so-called MTHFR mutation).
For whom this dietary supplement is suitable
- for women in general, especially during menstruation, pregnancy and breastfeeding
- for children, adolescents and the elderly
- for vegetarians and vegans
- for athletes
- for blood donors
- for people suffering from iron and folic acid deficiency anaemia
- for those who find conventional iron supplements constipating or unpalatable
Why choose a chelated form of minerals?
Most conventional vitamin and mineral supplements in powder or tablet form are not sufficiently absorbed by our bodies. They are broken down by enzymes and gastric juices in the digestive tract during transport. Thus, only a small percentage of the active substance actually reaches its destination.
The chelated form of the minerals significantly improves absorption. Minerals in this form are much more natural to the body and more easily absorbed than the commonly sold inorganic forms of minerals. The body will retain the chelated form of the mineralpeople can take much more benefits.
What is its specificity?
A chelate is the binding of one mineral to two amino acids (or organic acids). This special organic form of the mineral is found in nature, for example, in the leaves of plants. For the body, the absorption of amino acids is completely natural, and so the absorption of chelates is completely smooth. In addition, chelated minerals (unlike ordinary minerals) do not irritate the stomach and intestinal lining during digestion.
Benefits of chelated minerals
- Higher availability and absorption compared to conventional inorganic forms.
- Does not irritate the stomach and intestinal mucosa like conventional minerals
- No aftertaste, long shelf life and purity (no additives)
Why prefer bulk minerals in capsules?
Mineral dietary supplements come in bulk and liquid form. What are the advantages of powder-filled capsules over the more common liquid form?
- Powder-filled capsules are easily portable, convenient for travel and convenient to take. The bulk form of our minerals is just pure powder with no additives. It naturally contains no fillers, preservatives or inactive substances.
- The powder packed in a capsule lasts much longer. Unlike liquid supplements, which must be consumed quickly after opening, the powder form has a longer shelf life and is more stable.
- 1 capsule daily with water. Take preferably in the morning, half an hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- It is recommended to take together with vitamin C or vitamin B12.
- Iron reduces the absorption of the antibiotic tetracycline. For this reason, it should not be taken at the same time and a break of at least four hours is recommended. Consult your physician.
- If you consume foods high in fibre (e.g. wholemeal bread), foods high in calcium (especially dairy products) and drinks containing caffeine (especially coffee and black tea), a gap of about 2 hours between taking the iron supplement is recommended. These foods bind iron and reduce its absorption.
Iron (ferrous bisglycinate), vitamin B9 (folate), microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule).
|Nutritional values||Ingredients in 1 capsule|
|Iron (ferrous bisglycinate)||28 mg (200 %)*|
|Vitamin B9 (folate)||400 µg (200 %)* |
*Reference intake value for an average adult (8 400 kJ / 2 000 kcal)
Dietary Supplement. Not a substitute for a varied diet. Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Not intended for children under 3 years of age.
Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
Why did we choose NaturLabs?
NaturLabs is a Czech brand that seeks inspiration in the gifts of nature as well as the latest expertise in biochemistry. It develops plant-based products that have a positive effect on specific functions of the human body with a focus on product quality and purity without the addition of artificial additives.
By combining a scientific approach and inspiration from nature, it develops premium quality products with high functionality and efficacy. In doing so, it emphasizes the maximum effectiveness of active ingredients backed by current scientific research.
Food supplements are produced with the utmost respect for natural resources. NaturLabs strives to minimize the negative environmental impact caused by its existence.
NaturLabs' goal is to produce food supplements that benefit all living beings for their physical and mental health, enabling them to reach their full potential of being.
|Country of Origin:||Czech republic|
We're sorry we can't share with you
all the information about this product.
Various EU laws and regulations severely limit the extent to which we (and all other food business operators) can communicate the health benefits that these products offer to people.
Our long-standing customers are already intimately familiar with these foods, and they keep coming back to us for them. We also ask you to do your own research. You may discover much more about the potential benefits of these gifts of nature for your health...
Founder of Vitalvibe