Vitamin D is often referred to as the ‘sunshine vitamin' because it is produced when our skin is exposed to sunlight. During the summer or warmer months, if you are able to expose significant parts of your body to the sun without burning your skin, there is no need to take Quantum Vitamin D3 serum as your body will make as much vitamin D as you need. Vitamin D experts such as Dr Reinhold Vieth have found that exposing around 80% of your body area to a midsummer's temperate sun for around 30 minutes will cause the body to make the equivalent amount of circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D gained from ingesting around 50 mcg of vitamin D3. This is close to the maximum your body can produce daily from exposure to sunlight. Conventional suncreens may contain harmful chemicals and they prevent the body from making vitamin D. You may want to use some of the Premier Research Labs skin careproducts before and after exposure to the sun.
D3 Serum is produced without the use of toxic solvents and contains no sweeteners, additives, excipients or any other non-nutritive ingredients.
Benefits of Vitamin D3
- help support your body's natural defences
- necessary for normal bone and tooth formation and the maintenance of strong and healthy bones
- helps absorb calcium and phosphorus from the gastrointestinal tract, while facilitating both calcium uptake in bones and the proper regulation of blood calcium level
- needed for the proper function of the thyroid
- helps build and maintain strong muscles and also to maintain muscle function in ageing
- not just an aid in calcium absorption, but also plays a role in cardiovascular function and supports healthy inflammatory response
- needed for normal cell division
Recommended use: 1 drop daily (1000 IU) with a meal (to dispense one drop, invert the bottle at a 45° angle until a drop emerges).
Ingredients: Vitamin D3, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark and dry place. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. There is no substitute for a varied diet. Not for children under 3 years of age, pregnant and nursing women.
|Weight including packaging||200 g|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
Related articles and recipes
A selection of questions from the Counselling Centre
Here you can ask questions and our experts will try to answer it for you.