Zucchini Spaghetti with "Meatballs"
After you taste our raw/vegan balls with zucchini spaghetti, you won’t want anything else!
Ingredients for mushroom ‘meat’ (2 portions):
- 300 g of champignons
- ½ cup of pre-soaked sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of grounded chia seeds
- 1 spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
Ingredients for tomato sauce:
- 300 g tomatoes (take off the seeds)
- 100 g of pre-soaked dried tomatoes
- 1 smaller onion
- 1 teaspoon of raw coconut sugar
- ¼ cup of apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
Ingredients for zucchini noodles:
- 1 big zucchini per person
Firstly, blend the champignons and add seeds and half of the herbs. Mix in the rest of the herbs and green stems from the onion as last to achieve a nice structure. Form balls from the dough and dry them for about 10 – 12 hours at the maximal temperature of 40 °C.
Tomato sauce can be made by blending the mentioned ingredients. Season with herbs, salt, pepper, eventually sweeten with coconut sugar.
Cut the zucchini into spaghetti in a spiralizer.