After Christmas feasts, we present here something lighter. Bright colours of raw carpacio made from beetroot are really impressive on a plate, so they can also serve as refreshment for New Year’s Eve.
Salty snacks, Salad
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 2 smaller beetroots
- 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of non-pasteurized apple vinegar
- 2 cups of soaked pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups of mint and basil leafs
- ½ cup of virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ lime
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Himalayan salt, pepper
Cut the peeled beetroot into fine slices and marinate them in a blend of olive oil and apple vinegar. Mix the ingredients for pesto into a rougher blend in a mixer. Put it alternately with pesto on a plate.