„I like to add baobab to my fruit smoothie on hot days. This taste pleasantly refresh me.“
Customer service: (+420) 608 984 825
When ordering over 74,64 €
The baobab fruit(Adansonia Digitata L.) originally grew in Africa. Some baobab trees have been documented to be up to 1000 years old. This tree is often called the "ancient tree of life". The trunks can hold more than 100,000 litres of water, which helps the trees survive long periods of drought. The fruit is found inside the hard parts that hang upside down from the tree. The fruit of the baobab tree has a citrus taste and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Traditionally, the baobab is used to make a delicious, sour, healthy drink that is especially popular among pregnant women, children and the elderly. In various parts of East Africa, the dried flesh of the fruit is dipped in a sugar coating (usually red in colour) and sold in packets as sweet and sour sweets called 'umbuyu'. The seeds are usually used as a thickener in soups, but they can also be fermented to make spices, roasted for direct consumption or pressed for oil. The dried pulp is either eaten fresh or added to porridge. In Tanzania, it is added during the sugar cane brewing process to improve fermentation.
Benefits of baobab
1. Contains amino acids: important for regeneration, especially:
- Lysine: essential for growth, development and maintenance of the body, helps against herpes viruses
- Isoleucine: helps muscle regeneration, helps with muscle fatigue syndrome
2. Wide spectrum of vitamins
- Vitamin A: essential for proper bone and tooth growth and proper immune function, important for good eyesight, antioxidant effects
- Vitamin B spectrum: helps the nervous system to function properly
- Vitamin C: antioxidant effects that protect cells in the body, contributes to the health of the cardiovascular system, aids in recovery, supports the immune system and the building and maintenance of healthy bones, teeth, cartilage, gums and skin, is essential for energy metabolism and the transformation of food into energy, contributes to the absorption of iron from food
3. Rich in minerals
- Phosphorus: essential for the structure of teeth, bones and cell membranes
- iron: promotes blood formation
- potassium: maintains the balance between water and electrolytes in the body, helps maintain healthy blood pressure
- magnesium: necessary for muscle and nervous system function, helps with fatigue and calcium deposition
- Zinc: important for the proper functioning of the immune system, helps in wound healing, absorbs free radicals
- calcium: essential for healthy bone structure, helps in fracture healing
- long-lasting satiety
Recommended dosage: 1- 2 teaspoons per day
Ingredients: 100% organic baobab powder
|Nutritional values||In 1 serving: 1 tablespoon (5 g)|
|Energy value||42 kJ / 10 kcal|
|of which saturated||0 g|
|of which sugars||1,5 g|
|Vitamin B1||0.02 mg (1.8%)*|
|Vitamin B6||0,03 mg (1,8 %)*|
|Vitamin C||11,3 mg (14,1 %)*|
|Potassium||113 mg (5.6 %)*|
|Zinc||0.4 mg (3.8%)*|
|Manganese||0,04 mg (1,8 %)*|
|Calcium||15 mg (1.9%)*|
* reference intake values
** only in the form of naturally occurring sodium
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark and dry place. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Not a substitute for a varied diet. Not suitable for children under 3 years of age, pregnant and lactating women.
|Weight including packaging||130 g|
|Country of Origin:||Malawi|
Related articles and recipes
This super-healthy breakfast in form of a bowl full of superfood will make your day. Would you bet it?
Today I have had a pleasure of talking with Lucie, Honza and Lenka from Vitalvibe. They have been already practising raw veganism for a couple of years. They have told me about their way to raw food and I would like to share their experience with you.
Our skin, as well as our organism, needs to wake up and recover after a long winter. We will show you how to take care of your skin easily using pure natural ingredients. You all know that superfoods are great in smoothies. But have you already thought about using them on the “outside”? Throw away your old, expensive cosmetics and let see the power of Nature.
Selection of questions from Counselling
You can ask a question here and our experts will try to answer it.
Jitka 16. May 2017
ráda bych užívala Baobab, ale kojím 7 měsíční dceru. Mohu ho užívat i přesto - případně v jakém dávkování? A mohla by ho se mnou užívat dcera 3,5 roku? - případně taktéž prosím dávkování.
Děkuji za odpověď
Michaela Ptáčková odpověděl:
Krásný den, Jitko,
prášek z baobabu je pouze usušené ovoce, takže není třeba se obávat. (Bohužel jakožto doplněk stravy musí mít na obalu legislativní informaci o nedoporučení v těhotenství a malým dětem.) Teď je přesně jeho doba, Je skvělý do vody, do limonád, jelikož má osvěžující citrusovou chuť. Dávkujte dle chuti, např. lýíci do litru vody. Je velice bohatý na antioxidanty a vitamín C, takže podporuje imunitu a mladistvý vzhled.
S pozdravem Michaela
S pozdravem Michaela
Eva 17. March 2017
Dobrý den, v parametrech tohoto výrobku nevidím kolonku vegan. Znamená to, že baobab v biokvalitě není veganský? Děkuji za odpověď, s pozdravem Eva
Sandra Zlatkovská odpověděl:
Krásný den Evi,
baobab je samozřejmě vegan. Děkujeme za upozornění a v parametrech to opravíme :)
S pozdravem, Sandra Vitalvibe
Eva 2. February 2016
Dobrý den, prosím,ráda bych využívala denně do šťáv nebo smoothies Baobab bio prášek,je možné také konzumovat spirulinu bio prášek nebo acai bio prášek ten den i v jiných nápojích?Mohu je kombinovat?Děkuji.S pozdravem Eva
Michaela Ptáčková odpověděl:
Krásný den, Evo, ano, je to možné konzumovat i dohromady, baobab je sladký, spirulina vyváží ovoce, aby nepřekyselovalo, acai zvýší obsah vlákniny a antioxidantů.
We're sorry we can't share with you
all the information about this product.
Various EU laws and regulations severely limit the extent to which we (and all other food business operators) can communicate the health benefits that these products offer to people.
Our long-standing customers are already intimately familiar with these foods, and they keep coming back to us for them. We also ask you to do your own research. You may discover much more about the potential benefits of these gifts of nature for your health...
Founder of Vitalvibe