Creamy cauliflower leaf soup with nutritional yeast and cashews
How to use nature's gifts to the last bit? When we think about it, we used only a small part of cruciferous vegetables. At the same time, a lot of nutrients and taste are hidden in the leaves and bark. Let's make a vegetable revolution with this creamy soup that will enchant you with its delicacy.
- leaves from 1 large cauliflower and its stalk
- 3 small onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 125 g cashews soaked overnight
- zest from 1 organic lemon
Remove the woody leaves from the cauliflower, cut the rest into thick slices. We cut off the hard skin from the stalk and also cut it into pieces. If we have already bought the cauliflower without most of the leaves, we will also use a few rosettes.
Cut the onion into wedges and fry until golden in coconut oil, add sliced garlic and cauliflower leaves. Then we continue roasting. Sauteing enhances the flavor even more. Then pour water to cover the vegetables. Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame until soft, then let it cool down a bit and blend with the remaining ingredients in a blender to a fine and smooth consistency. If necessary, dilute with water and season with salt.
Two serving tips:
1. With thin slices of cauliflower florets and crunchyspirulina, or almond streusel,for which you can find the recipe HERE.
2. With bread streusel with goji and cocoa beans,for which you can find the recipe HERE.
Enjoy your meal!